School Uniform Policy
Academic Year 2019-2020
All students should arrive dressed appropriately in a clean and well-groomed manner. Please remember the uniform policy is mandatory for all JIS students. The purpose of following these rules is meant to instill the sense of discipline, equality and uniformity among students.
Guidelines of JIS uniform:
For Boys: All boys are required to wear their uniform consistently as under:
1. Light Blue collared Shirt – Shirts can be purchased at JIS to be worn with khaki pants. No exceptions allowed
- Khaki Slacks/pants – The pants can be purchased at Target, Walmart, Sears, JC Penny, or Old Navy. Pants must be loose fitting.
- White socks.
For Girls: All girls are required to wear their uniform on a regular basis; parents are encouraged to help their daughters to dress appropriately for Sunday school.
- Dark Navy Blue Shirt – Shirts can be purchased at JIS to be worn with khaki pants (No Exceptions allowed) and navy blue scarfs also available at JIS.
- Khaki Slacks/pants – The Khaki pants need to have loose fitting & can be purchased at Target, Walmart, Sears, JC Penny or Old Navy. Absolutely no leggings!
- Navy blue hijabs can be purchased from JIS during the time of registration
Levels 1-7 kindly buy the premade al-amira (one piece) hijabs, as some girls are too young and cannot hold if it’s a wrap around hijab (available to purchase from JIS during the time of registration). Levels 8-11 can wear wrap around hijabs.
Notes: For special occasions (Prophet’s (saw), Imams (as) Birthdays they can wear any color hijab as long as it follows the rules of proper Islamic attire.
- White socks.
No Jeans are allowed to be worn.
If students do not follow the uniform policy; they will be given a verbal warning, followed by a written warning and a call to their parents. If you have any special situation where children cannot come to school in uniform then please contact the uniform committee coordinator for any requests and further queries.
- Not adhering to the Uniform Policy will result in deduction of 2 behavior points.